I just got back from Door County, WI. I found a neat little yarn store in Sturgeon Bay. The building used to be a bank! I typically start my knitting projects this time of year, so I really enjoyed picking out some yarn at this store.
The store is called "Spin"
They have a great selection to pick from!
My mom and my grandma were with me.
This section was inside of what used to be the bank vault!
1. Tell me a little bit about yourself- You could describe me as a Wandering Bohemian Entrepreneur. I am definitely all three of those things. I love the idea of doing many different activities and jobs at one time and piecing together a free-as-the-wind lifestyle out of that. I am currently a student in Southern California, though I was raised in Alaska and my heart remains with the wilderness and snow (I sign my text messages "the ice queen"). I study Creative Writing, Music, and History and would love to be an Egyptologist someday. I currently work various temporary jobs (as well as having two Etsy businesses) such as singing opera, chroeographing, cooking crepes, working for the government, etc... My life is like a crazy quilt that is barely staying stitched together! Every day I have the exciting and terrifying thought, "Where and what will my next job be?"
2. How did you get started on Etsy? I got started on Etsy because my friend started a shop and I just had to one-up her!
3. How did you come up with your shop name? . I chose my shop name because it refers to my eco-friendly lifestyle and it had a good ring to it. I like the idea of the Green Man, the nature protector. I like to think that I am a modern nature guardian.
4. What is your goal? Hmmmmm... to be what I believe in.
5. What would you like to improve upon? Such a loaded question. I want better photography, and good quality supplies for a cheaper price so I can lower my prices. I want to improve my ability to bake successful bread loaves, and to speak with a Russian accent. And so many other things...
6. What is your favorite item in your shop?
My favorite item of mine (right now) are my "Diana and Orion Bath Salts."www.etsy.com/listing/78561631/diana-and-orion-tragic-lovers-bath-salts. They are made for romantics, lovers, heartbroken lovers, and earth mothers, like me. Using them is like having a good cry and feeling hope at the same time. They comfort me and remind me that for every crack in my heart, there is a band-aid.
7. Do you remember your first sale? What was it? When I was little, I went around the neighborhood selling snow that I had flavored with sugar and cupcake sprinkles. My mom said that from then on, she knew I would be an entrepreneur.
8. Do you have any promotion tips? I love to blog, and I think it is a great way to promote yourself and let any future customers get to know you a little better. It is always good to build personal relationships with customers and other sellers.
9. What is your favorite color? Green. And black. And teal. And purple. Sometimes orange.
10. How can others contact you (facebook, blog, twitter, etc)? I can be contacted most directly with Etsy convos. I blog heregreenmansgrotto.blogspot.com/ and here ups-downs-hair.blogspot.com/, and have a twitter account (@robbiebyjewelry). I love to do custom orders, so please convo me at Etsy to chat about any zany bath and beauty ideas you may have!
Yesterday, my husband and I picked up a bedroom set for a great deal! A friend of ours was getting rid of it, because she wanted to turn her guest room into a play room for her children. We got a queen sized bed, mattress and box spring, a dresser with a mirror, side table and wall art for $490! God is continuing to provide great deals for us ( I recently found a kitchen table from Pier 1 for $75)! Here are some pics of our new room-
1. Tell me a little bit about yourself- I am an eager crafter ready to take on any project! I love to create terrariums, test out new recipes, and make jewelry. Crafting is part of my lifestyle.
2. How did you get started on Etsy? I love crafting, so when I realized I could do something I loved and be part of a great community, I was in!
3. How did you come up with your shop name? I actually came up with my shop name when one day I was looking at a photo that had a beautiful buttercup bouquet in a modern vase. When the name Modern Buttercup popped into my head, I knew it was a name I wanted to remember. Coming up with a shop name, I knew what name I was going to use.
4. What is your goal? My ultimate goal is to have a well-known shop known for its unique jewelry and be a Featured Etsy Seller. ( I have big dreams )
5. What would you like to improve upon? I would probably improve on marketing my shop. I haven't been doing that as much lately.... 6. What is your favorite item in your shop? I absolutely love the silver locket! The beads accent it so well and have detailed wirework. It's one of my favorites.
7. Do you remember your first sale? What was it? At the time of my first sale, I was making soap. I sold 2 bars of soap with a Celtic design on them and had a nice scent.
8. Do you have any promotion tips? Definitely get involved in the crafting community! Join Teams and post in the Forums. :)
9.What is your favorite color? My favorite color is the color blue. It reminds me of walking on the beach....
10. How can others contact you? You can find me on Twitter, at my Etsy shop, pinning on Pinterest, or over at my blog.