1. Tell me a little bit about yourself- My name is Maria, am based in Miami, FL. I Am a Medical Assistant by day and creative mastermind of MsBittyKnacks at night. I Have 2 miniature schnauzers that are the apple of my eye :) I enjoy
reading and seeing live bands when the time permits.
2. How did you get started on Etsy? I found Etsy by searching for craft supplies and was immediately hooked. I remember reading all I could of the site, then created 5 items to start the shop.
3. How did you come up with your shop name? My shop name has to be the most asked question I receive. Well, I wanted something catchy and fun, so after much word play and the wonderful thesaurus Maria's little crafts became MsBittyKnacks.
4. What is your goal? My goal besides being a successful seller, is to be able to create a good brand name and a living of it, because it is what I love to do.
5. What would you like to improve upon? I would love to improve my social marketing skills. Also, learn and expand more my artistic horizons/capabilities.
6. What is your favorite item in your shop?
My favorite item currently on my shop would have to be my Victorian Steampunk Catrina. It has 3 of my all time favorite themes/styles (Steampunk, Victorian Era, day of the dead).
7. Do you remember your first sale? What was it? My first Etsy sale was a Day of the Dead bride and groom skull set, not even a month after it was listed.
8. Do you have any promotion tips? Best promotional tip is socialize, and I'm not just saying the "hey check this out..." But help others, make comments, actual connection with people. Of course the other type doesn't't hurt at all, just don't become spammy.
9. What is your favorite color? My favorite color is Black, which I think is not even considered one:P
10. How can others contact you (blog, facebook, twitter, etc)?
I currently only have my Etsy shop: msbittyknacks.etsy.com
My blog: msbittyknacks.blogspot.com
Soon to come will be a Facebook fan page. So, come back soon :)