The reason this is called a "Triple Feature" is because the seller owns three shops on Etsy.. They are called-
From Pilous Percilla
From all Night Diner
Today, the main focus is on the Pilous Percilla shop. Below is an interview with the shop owner-
1. Tell me a little bit about yourself- I am Amanda, one half of the Flex Family Arts team. My Mister (James) and I live in Atlanta and spend our time making art together and goofing off with Baby Flex.
2. How did you get started on Etsy? I have sold on etsy a few time since the past, but this time around it was all because of the Mister's awesome hand-drawn cards. Knowing that I LOVE the circus, James gifted me with some side show-themed cards...one featuring General Tom Thumb. This was the start of it all. I have embroidered off/on for years and immediately thought his card would make an amazing embroidered portrait. This is how we started the first shop, PIlous Percilla!
3. How did you come up with your shop name? Percilla Bejano is the famous "Monkey Girl" or bearded lady from side show history. Percilla was the 2nd portrait we did and I LOVE alliteration. So...we named the shop Pilous Percilla. Pilous is another word that basically means "hairy".
4. What is your goal? Right now we consider all our shops and blog a big hobby. We would love to one day make it into something one of us could do part time for income...but for right now we are just enjoying the ride. This coming year we would like to do more art shows and work on getting some items in local shops!
5. What would you like to improve upon? Living life to the fullest...more fun...less work (at least work we don't like) and more sweets! Those aren't really very grown-up goals I guess…haha.
6. What is your favorite item in your shop? Sigh...I can't really decide. With three shops I think I have multiple favorites in all of them. I would have to say right now it might be the Hunter S. Thompson portrait in the All Night DIner shop.
7. Do you remember your first sale? What was it? I believe it was a jackalope to one of the contributors to Mr. A Stitch! We were thrilled.
8. Do you have any promotion tips? Well, we clearly aren't that huge...so I don't know that they work. We engage in the etsy community a lot, collaborate with other bloggers and that's about it.
9. What is your favorite color? Blackbluegreenorange...I know that's not one color…sorry!
10. How can others contact you (blog, facebook, twitter, etc)? You can always find us at:flexfamilyarts.blogspot.com or at our etsy shops:www.pilouspercilla.etsy.com