Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Our Love Story Pt 2

Here is part 2.. Continuing where I left of- the party…


This was no ordinary party. It was a Nacho party! We made nachos and watched Nacho Libre. Anyway, before the party started, I found myself getting a little nervous.. This was the first time Joey was coming over and my parents hadn't met him yet. He, along with another girl, were the last people to walk in the door (in fact, Joey has always walked right in. I don't believe he has ever knocked). As soon as he walked in, my mom knew that he was smitten. He could not take his eyes off of me! As we gathered to watch the movie, he glanced in my direction to see if there was room to sit by me, but there was none. It was almost an awkward pause to look in my direction before he found a seat on the opposite side of the room. The rest of the night was spent watching the movie, eating more nachos, eating gelato and just hanging around. He was the last to leave.. He acted as if he didn't want to leave. We talked about maybe making cannoli sometime (we both love all things Italian). As soon as he walked out the door my mom cornered me and said "He likes you. He couldn't take his eyes off of you all night. I think he is cute." She asked me what I thought, and truly, I didn't know what to think. I liked him, but I was the type to not let on.


Our next meeting would once again be on the frisbee field. I dropped my brother off to play. I had to run to the store to get some lettuce for dinner . My grandparents were coming over that night, so I wasn't going to play frisbee. I went and bought the lettuce, and out of overwhelming curiosity, I drove back to the frisbee field to see if Joey was there. He wasn't, but I got out of the car and watched the game for a bit anyway. I walked back to my car (secretly a little disappointed) and was just getting in, when Joey pulled up next to me and got out (he thought I was just getting there). We walked back to the frisbee field and discussed a day to make cannoli. We set up the date and I left, glad to have seen him.




CANNOLI DAY- My mom is a great cook. Since Joey was planning to come and make cannoli, she invited him for dinner as well (she wanted to scope him out some more). He came for his first dinner at our house and fell in love with the food as well as the rest of my family. He later told me that he just felt so comfortable around all of us that night. After dinner, we prepared the cannoli. Both of our minds were out of focus, and I ended up messing up the mixture. We tried it anyway, pouring the soupy filling into the shells. It was a mess, but we had fun.










After cannoli making, we gathered in the living room to play music. Joey on the guitar and me on the piano. We flipped through my Frank Sinatra music book and tried some of those, and then Joey tried to teach me a little bit of "Stairway to Heaven" :) He left late that night and was leaving the next day for a week in Georgia. My mom and I had some more talks that week. I told her I was interested, but wasn't sure if he was. She told me she could clearly see that he was :)


While he was away in Georgia, he would chat with me on Facebook. I was thinking "you are on vacation and you are talking to me on Facebook?". He was chatting with me on the very day he got home. My mom saw us chatting and just out of curiosity she said "ask him if he wants to come for dinner". I was like "he just got home!". She said to try it anyway, so I did and he jumped at the chance. I don't know that he even went to his house first- he came straight over and stayed for dinner and a long while afterwards. I do believe he has been here for dinner every night since. 


That weekend, my parents, Joey and I went out for coffee. We talked about our families, and just got to know each other a little better. That night, my mom was chatting until almost 2 in the morning with him! She interrogated him with every question she could think of and finally she straight out asked him "are you interested in my daughter?" He said "Yes I am". She then told him that he needed to let me know that and to state to me what his intentions were..  He said he would come over and tell me the next day.



I will end part 2 here.

1 comment: